Groton, MA Surprise Proposal on Gibbet Hill

A surprise proposal overlooking the mountains.

"Doesn't matter if it's diamonds or twine, forever more, I'll be yours and you'll be mine." -Ryan Hurd


By the time that we would get to our photo session, Abigail and I would have messaged back and forth so many times about the session, the wardrobe, and the hair and makeup, that everything would be planned perfectly.  Nothing would come as a surprise.



What Abigail didn't know, however, was that Connor had been messaging me as well.
His first message said, "I have a little something planned for tomorrow. Just wanted to give you a heads up."


So, of course I freaked out.

Connor wanted to give Abigail a promise proposal.  A promise, that while he was still in school, he was giving his love and commitment. A promise that once school was done, there would be more. A promise that this was real.

So with 24 hours to go, I had to change things around--- the location, the order of the wardrobe, and the time.  And Abigail couldn't know a thing.  And even though she's a makeup artist and knows her stuff, we didn't want any tear-stained makeup running down her face for photos after, so we had to wait until the end of our session.  Abigail wanted to start with her formal wear and end with her casual dress.




But Connor wanted his proposal to be in the formal attire, on top of a mountain.  "Abigail in her dress, me in my suit.  And I'll have some twine.  Diamonds and Twine is one of our favorite songs."  As soon as I got that message, I listened to that song.  So I had to send a quick email to her to say, "Sorry about this last minute change, but I think that it's best that we start casual, and end in your gown and Connor's suit!"  We had a mission to accomplish.

We started at this gorgeous field with tall grasses, dirt roads, and amazing light. It was hot. It was humid. It was buggy.  But these two rocked it.









Then we made a quick change into outfit two.  I loved this lavender bouquet from Spring Brook Farm in Littleton.











These two were so much fun to photograph, and I could have stayed at this location all night, but Connor and I had a surprise to deliver!  They got dressed in the car and my pop-up tent, fighting the humidity, the bugs, and the tiny cramped space of the changing tent, and we rushed over to Gibbet Hill, where we had to still had to climb the hill.

It was getting dark....






And I was getting worried.  He still didn't give me the cue.

Finally, Connor looked at me, and said our catch phrase, "Do you know what time it is?  I don't want to be walking down the hill in the dark."

So I ushered them to a new spot, and this happened.










I don't know what was said. But I saw it on her face.  I stayed as far away as possible to give them privacy.

Then Connor tied the twine on her finger.



And we snapped a few more and scurried down the hill in the dark.



Literally no light left.

This grand adventure happened last summer.  Since then, Connor and Abigail have become officially engaged.

What an exciting night to be a part of, and what fun it was to plan this surprise for Abigail.

I wish you two the best!  Whether the proposal is done with twine or a diamond, it's the promise, the love, and the commitment that means the most!

Comments

  1. Aww so cute!! Love her outfits! And that view is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts