Bad Customer Service from Marriott

We started the day off in separate states.  Derek had a head start in Michigan with the kids and the camper. I left from Logan Airport. We met up in Chicago.

While waiting for D and the Kids, the Town Place Suites in Rochester, Minnesota called to tell me that we had been bumped from our room because another guest with higher priority (meaning business class) needed a room.  He instead could offer me a hotel in a different part of town, with no pool, and no free breakfast, unlike the hotel we had originally booked. Even though I had reserved this room two weeks ago, apparently, Marriott has a policy that they can bump anyone they want at any time. Even with your credit card number in hand, they can decide not to offer you a room.

After arguing with Adam for forty minutes about bad business practices and poor customer service, my ability to spread bad publicity all over the internet, and my demands for a free room upon our return trip, I hung up infuriated, determined to never stay at a Marriott family hotel again. I hope you will do the same.

Our initial plan was to arrive in Rochester, MN at 7 or 8 pm, and let the kids play in their indoor pool with waterslides.  I spent a good part of the rest of the trip trying to figure out where to stay. 

We wanted to try to reach Austin or Albert Lea, MN, but a horrible downpour (the kind where you cannot see anything or hear anything) slowed us down and we decided that we would stay in Rochester after all.

Right off the airport exit is a Sleep Inn.  The room is nice and sparkling clean. There were FOUR pillows on each bed (yay!).  The bathroom is nice and big.  It had an indoor pool (no waterslide, though, much to the kids' disappointment), and they have promised a nice continental breakfast.  I asked for a teacher discount, and although she did not have one, she gave me 10% off anyway.

Hoping to hit the road by 7 am.

Comments

Popular Posts