Canyonlands is Terrifying!



I've decided that I hate canyons.

I love walking up to things. I love starting on the ground. I don't even mind the altitude when reaching the summit of something.  But I hate walking to the edge and looking down 2,000 feet.







Mesa Arch at Canyonlands




The famous view of the Colorado River at Dead Horse Point.


The sheer act of watching my husband and children approach the edge makes me light-headed.  I want to pass out. I play movies of someone going over the edge in my head.  My heart races. I want to cry. I scream, "You're too close!" I'll admit weakness.  I don't like these canyons.



And, then, because my heart didn't have enough, we went back to Dead Horse Point State Park, which is right next to Canyonlands.  At least at DHP there were some walls to keep us from falling over the edge.

How am I ever going to deal with Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon?'

-Cara

© Cara Parker, 2015.  Photos and text may not be reproduced without the written consent of Cara Parker.

Comments

  1. Your pictures are phenomenal - it looks like the trip of a lifetime! Keep the entries and pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts